Blessing of workers and Cathedral siteMay 6, 2020
Join us for the live streaming of the Blessing, which signals that work is about to begin on site: 7:45am, Tuesday 12 May (NZ time).
- You do not need a Facebook account to access the live streaming. Simply follow this link.
- Dean of the Christ Church Cathedral, Lawrence Kimberley, will lead the ceremony.
- The timing symbolises the start of a new day and the start of physical work on the Cathedral in the very near future.
- Bishop of Te Waipounamu, Richard Wallace, Ngāi Tahu’s Dr Te Maire Tau, Matt Tippen from the project team, and Gary Davidson representing Naylor Love the main contractor for the project will attend in person.
- Unfortunately, due to COVID19 restrictions, only the few people involved in the blessing are permitted on the Cathedral site.